11.26.2011

.. a legend, at least in my house ..

well, today is a spectacular day indeed. 

it is my dad's birthday. no i will not do a list of things i love about him, it would be a book. seriously, he is old and everything would have a story. so i just thought i would list a few. and give you a great picture to look at.


this cute old guy is my pops. i am probably one of the luckiest people in the world to have him as my dad. he has been the best support and taught me great and wise things. this guy gave me my affinity for reading, it is a blessing and a curse. he also is the one who taught me how to work hard and to finish the job. he never shys away from what needs to be done, but rather jumps in with both feet and does it to the end. he taught me the importance of school and how important it is to have a degree. he spends countless hours hanging out with me, especially when cody worked saturdays and I was home alone. he would let me tag along to the grocery store, help him do the yard work and have drives where we could catch up and just talk. he is one of my greatest supports and truly a best friend. wouldn't trade him for the world. 

so dad, happy birthday. i am so glad you were born so I could come and have a great example of how to live life and be a good person. i will spare the embarrassing stuff, like your age. but just know you are old, but I love you. 

happy birthday pops

No comments: