7.18.2012

.. freedom running ..

so i have caught the running bug, i still haven't found how to get into my groove and go for a while but i like doing it. it is a fun thing to do and it costs virtually nothing and it is something that can pound the crap out of myself when i am frustrated. so this is my second 5k this year, i am on a roll :). 

i decided that i wanted to go faster for this run. so i worked on it for a few weeks. and i am happy to say i cut 2 minutes off my time. not a huge feat but one none the less. this run was fun, except when i got a nasty cramp in my left hip and had to walk for a bit. it was a great way to start off the fourth.

{ my bib, don't worry i apparently safety pinned it to my pants that turned out great..}


{ us post race, feeling pretty good!}

{ me and my medal, yes i know i look like i am going to fall over, i was so tired at the end}

{ cody and his medal, he obviously was not as tired.}

alright so here is a funny story. we had got our results, i placed 157 and cody placed 113 in our age groups. not to bad. especially since i just started running about 3 months ago. so we figured that was the end and all was good. about a week after the race i got an email from the freedom run saying they had pictures of us running the race. fun, so i clicked on the link. i typed in cody's number and this is what i found..

{ such a studly runner}


{crossing the finish line}

so i put in my number.. and this is what i get. 


0 photos?!?! are you kidding me? I guess they knew i was a newbie and not that good, cause the best shot of me was the one above  crossing the finish line. ahhh! so until next year until then.. watch out I will have a photo!!


1 comment:

Erica Tanner said...

hey! You're in that last photo running behind Cody.