1.29.2008

rOxY's aDvEnTuRe




Well today we had an interesting scare and outing by a member of our family. For those who don't know, Cody and I live with my parents currently as we are saving and getting ready to buy our new townhome in springville. Well I had to run to a doctors appointment and upon my return home I find a huge van and an ice skating rink in the driveway. My mom had hired a local duct cleaning company to come and clean out the vents in our house, since it has been 14 years since they have been cleaned. Well as they went along cleaning with their hose leaking all over the driveway and instantly freezing... they were getting ready to finish up. Well they went to do the last vent, the dryer. Well our vent exits into the backyard.

If any of you know Roxy she is a master escape artist. She will run at any open door, fence or crevice she thinks she can squeeze through. Well once she is past those points... she is gone. Well the techs just decided to walk in the backyard, which would have been okay except one decided to walk into the house and in so doing let both Tyke and Roxy out the back door. Well I managed to call Tyke back into the house... thank heavens, but Roxy had made her break. The tech guys didn't do much, just watched her run away. I hurried to see if I could spot her but I couldn't. I looked like a retard walking around the neighborhood banging the treat jar and carrying a open package of sandwich meat with hopes she would decide to come back. Well after looking for about 30 minutes I decided to return home. I came home to find my mom in tears at the table. Followed shortly by my frantic sister who was determined to drive all over until she found her. I coaxed my mom into calling the shelters with me and telling them about Roxy. Then I convinced her to take a shower and get dressed so we could go around the surrounding neighborhoods and look for her. Well as I sat in the front room making a flyer, if it came down to that I heard a familiar whine.

I hurried to the front door and sure enough there she was walking in our neighbors yard looking for a friend or food. I hurried and called her and coaxed her into the house with a piece of sandwich meat and she was home. She took and hour and a half adventure, who knows where she went or what she saw but we have decided that as long as any repairman is in the house she will be placed in her kennel or on a leash to avoid further adventures in the future.

No comments: