4.27.2010

..mAuI..

Well, I figure it is time to start posting again about life, and since I have a few minutes of downtime to myself right now I figured why not now?

This past winter has been hard, after losing Tyke we felt lost and didn't know what to do about life and ourselves. Before we knew it, it was Valentines day. Now I have made Cody vow that he will not buy me roses on Valentines because they are just WAY to expensive. (don't worry, he gives me flowers other times of the year:)). So we usually just exchange gifts and call it good. I knew Cody had an itch to go snowboarding. Since we had been paying for Tyke's treatments we weren't able to afford for him to get a season pass. So I saved some money and gave him enough to spend a whole day at Park City Resort, where my younger brother has a season pass. Cody had work that day, so I didn't plan on getting anything for Valentines, which is fine. I know he loves me and that is all that matters. So he got home from his shift, I gave him his gift and told him I knew he didn't have one and it was okay. He corrected me and told me he did but I didn't get it until tomorrow morning.

The next morning we got up bright and early, I was instructed to pack a change of clothes and a swimsuit. So I packed it all up in my backpack and we took off. We ended up at the Airport, I knew instantly we were going on a trip. He decided to take me to Maui for Valentines. It was a blast!! We spent 2 days there and just relaxed it was everything I needed and more. Here are some fun pictures from our adventures..

Every time we go on a trip we play "Where are Cody and Teagan" with Cody's parents. This was the last hint, since they didn't guess it in the first 3 we sent..

Us in our Jeep. We got there thinking we would just ride a bus or a scooter or something, turned out the closest city was like 40 minutes away so we rented a jeep. It was bright yellow and we had the top down the WHOLE time..

The view from our hotel room. We stayed on the 6th floor facing the ocean. It was great, we got to sleep with the sliding door open and listen to the ocean.

Well.. we were both Forrest Gump, at least for a minute!! Cody didn't seem to happy about it!

The night we got there we went to bed at like 9. We were both pooped and the time difference didn't help. So naturally about 6-7 Cody was wide awake and ready to go play in the ocean. I tried to convince him to wait until 8 since I figured no breakfast joint would be open at 7. He got up at 6 called his mom and talked to her for an hour, sorry Anika! And then decided he would go get me breakfast. He returned at 7:15 with french toast and fresh squeezed lemonade, the best I have ever had. I got up and ate with him and by 8 we were on the beach. I couldn't hold him back any longer. We walked up and down looking for a place to build a sandcastle and to hang out. We finally did and Cody was in the water by 8:45. This was from when we were walking on the beach looking for our spot.


Some fun sand art..

This is a bannion tree. It is in the middle of the city Lahaina. It is the largest growing tree in the world. All the branches you see here connect to another trunk that grew other branches. It took up a good 4 city blocks just full of this tree. At night all the birds sleep there and it sounds like a singing tree. It was way cool to see.

At the end of our trip. We were whale watching and on our way to return the jeep and snapped this. We had a blast, got a nice tan and relaxed. I would say the best Valentines yet..

No comments: