8.16.2010

.. sWeeT siXteeN jAreTt ..

On friday my youngest brother turned 16. I have to admit it is creepy and odd feeling thinking that he is 16. That means I am old. What am I to do?! Since this week has been crazy with wedding planning and he and my mom going to Illinois for a shooting competition we decided to keep the party mellow. My dad's parents and sister are in town for the weddings and decided that they would throw a BBQ for him at their cabin.

The day was busy, their plane landed in Salt Lake City at 10:30a. They went straight to a DMV in Salt Lake and got his drivers license all done. When the got home around 1 my dad took him to pick up his present from my parents, his truck. They have spent the last few months having it restored and repainted. Needless to say what started out as a piece of rust turned out to be quite awesome. He was elated. I am pretty sure he put 50 miles on his truck that day.

We all met up at 6 that night at my grandparents cabin for dinner, cake and of course presents. We had hot dogs and hamburgers, potato salad and chips. It was yummy. After dinner we proceeded to open gifts. Cody and I got him a blowup girlfriend, seeing how it was his 16th we didn't want him to be girlfriend-less. We named her Gertrude. Don't worry we got him another gift.. we tinted the windows on his truck. Matson and Erica got him a car care kit, for him to clean his little truck. Kellyn and Chris got him a shirt from California.

To top it all off, I had been put in charge of making sure there was a cake for that night. I knew with everything going on that I wouldn't have time to make one myself so I went to Smiths and ordered one. I told the decorator to make it pretty pink and princesses. She just laughed and told me she would do it. Cody and I picked it up before the BBQ and couldn't help but just smile and laugh. Classic.

We ended the night with Smores and just chatting. It was a good day, hopefully for Jarett too..


.. jarett & gertrude ..


.. daisy ..


.. mom, kellyn & daisy ..


.. birthday cake ..


.. jarett's response to the cake, classic ..

.. did someone say cake? ..


Happy Birthday Jarett! I hope it was all you wished for and more. We love you!

No comments: