8.26.2010

.. tO maLoRee ..


Today Maloree passed on.

Cody had grown up with her the last 14 years. Even though she was Justin's dog, we loved her just the same. I always loved her, she would cuddle with me and was always excited to see me. When Cody and I started dating, I was kind of afraid of his dogs. They were big, and Jackson seemed really mean. Oddly enough, talking years later, his family told me I should have been afraid of Maloree since she was the protector and was more likely to attack then Jackson. I just have always loved her.

She always played hide and go seek with Cody, to the point of a high pitch whine if she couldn't find him. She always had to be in front if you went on a walk, no other dog could butt her or she would freak out and leap out to beat them. She HATED cameras. To the point of when we brought them out she would run and hide. She always hid in the bathtub, which was a fun surprise if you went in to go to the bathroom and then heard a banging against the tub as her tail would wag cause someone was there to see her. She loved Tyke. They would play for hours when we would come over, it was wonderful cause it was always wear him out and he would sleep well that night. She was very picky about treats, and didn't like peanut butter {odd I know..}. Chase always involved you running and her on your heels biting at your ankles. {so I am told, I never did it}. She was a crazy lady, but we loved her all the same.


{ you have no idea what it took to get that picture, we had to take her on a walk and then Cody had to hold her leash up so she couldn't turn and walk away from me..}

Although we will miss her dearly, she is getting her play on with Tyke and Jackson. Have fun maome, we will see you soon!


No comments: