12.08.2010

.. #10 & #20 ..

alright. so after thinking about what to give my pregnant friend at her baby shower, i landed on the idea that it had to be unique. i wanted something different and fun, artsy you could say. i looked around for ideas and inspiration and landed on a pattern for a "tag monster". i decided i was going to try it. for those who don't know me, i can't sew. my mother is a seamstress and i wouldn't even touch a sewing machine when i was younger. but i was going to do this on my own, and she was not going to help. so i sat down and went to work. it took me about an hour and a half but this cute thing is what i got. i hope that baby elle will love it, even if it is a little weird.


{ yes i do realize that this is a horrid picture, and for a photography major pathetic, but i was wrapping her present up and my phone was the closest thing ..}

while i was working on my tag monster i was also crafting christmas presents for a few of my siblings {i can't reveal names or hints..} that i would show you, but then they would find out. so until christmas..

but with those two crafts down and both in one night, i am crossing off #10 on my list. it was really fun and i enjoyed doing it. i think i will start crafting more often cause it is just plain fun.

as for #20.. i found an art contest through PDN that i will be entering tonight. so with that.. #20 is off the list. this is becoming a lot more fun and easy the more i do things. so i would highly recommend making a "list" and try it. it is fun and you enjoy it all along the way..


1 comment:

Erica Tanner said...

maybe its because i am not a mother...but what is a tag monster? haha. i like the cute pink colors!