12.06.2010

.. the list ..

so lately as i spend my mornings catching up on my reading of blogs and the news and what not, i have come across quite a few people making a "list" of things they want to accomplish before their birthdays. now those who know me, i set goals but it takes me literally way longer than normal to accomplish them. i am not a good motivator for myself on some things. so i thought, hum.. i think i could do this birthday thing if i kept my goals little and tangible. so here are my goals to finish by the time i turn 27..


.. the list ..
1. travel at least 3 places {one international, one i have never been}
2. photograph more, some of it on film
3. shoot with my holga
4. shoot on my instax
5. see wicked with cody
6. read at least 10 books {one not from my usual authors}
7. go to the gym every week
8. try snowboarding
9. move into our own place {create a 'studio' space in it}
10. get crafty {do at least 2 projects}
11. find a photo project i am interested in and do it
12. have a girls night out
13. get a dog or get pregnant {or both!}
14. learn italian
15. learn to be understanding & patient
16. make a few mini books {one of cody and i}
17. be more adventurous {in clothes and life}
18. have an art show
19. make a snowman
20. enter an art contest
21. make a tyke book {use all his pictures}
22. have a picnic {preferably in central park}
23. be more romantic in my relationship
24. make a choice daily to be happy
25. be a better wife, sister, daughter & in-law
26. do a 5k
27. be punctual

so far.. i have done the following..
6. i have read 20 books this year so far, so since my birthday i have done about 7.
7. i got a trainer so i gots to go and not be lazy
14. i started! cody got me a instant immersion program to learn and i'm so excited. i know 17 words so far, my goal is to learn 15 words a day. cody is going to quiz me every saturday..
18. i had my bfa art show in october


what are your goals? any tips on reaching them?


1 comment:

Erica Tanner said...

so here is the dealio...i can help you do some of these by inviting myself to do them!!
1. Travel--so there! (maybe...if mats and i can afford it!)
2. you can photograph me anytime.
5. Mats & I will tag along.
7. I go daily (usually) so i am so there.
10. i have some craft ideas! so i'll join this too. haha.
12. so there.
19. so so there.
26. i hope i can do that. i totally want to.