3.27.2012

. jet+mom-dad= boy's trip to vegas .

so last weekend cody and my brothers went to vegas to go to the St. George air show.  I definitely wanted my brothers to have some bonding time, and I was okay not going to the air show. I have been slammed every weekend for the last few weeks with baby showers, wedding receptions, speaking at conferences and family gigs. it is intense. that and jet likes cody way more so i was hoping by being home he would maybe like me more. 

{it kind of worked by the way, the second cody came home, i was dead to him}

so I voted to stay home and just relax. 

They left friday afternoon, and we were on our own. I worked until 5 and then came home. We live with my parents, so it was me and my rents. when i got home, we decided to run an errand to the fabric store - i am crossing another thing off my list, making a skirt by myself - and then to get cheap tacos, my dad's favorite. we were off. we ran and got fabric and tacos and were back by 7:30. we ate dinner and then decided to watch Puss in Boots. which I can say was actually pretty good. after all this excitement jet and i headed down to bed. 


he passed out in about 20 minutes and i decided to catch up on my grey's anatomy. i was like 4 episodes behind. so i watched 2, and then called it a night. the next morning was st. patricks day. we ate breakfast and then grocery shopping, do you like my dad's green? you could get a prize at the store if you were wearing green, he used the canvas shopping bags. clever.


 after which i got to sewing my skirt, i almost finished it. we had stake conference so we got ready for that by going to dinner at 4:45. I felt like a 60 year old lady, so lame. after dinner it was conference and then home for dessert and mille bournes with erica and watching march madness. {how are your brackets??} then bed, i finished up the last 2 episodes and then called it a night. the next morning we had part two of stake conference and home. i had been feeling sick all weekend, like ear ache and sore throat so i laid down for a nap, 4 hours later i woke up to dinner and people in the house. and snow.


wow. Cody got home just after dinner and boy were we excited to see him. 


so in the end, i relaxed like i wanted, jet was my friend for a few days - nice change, and cody had fun. success. 

No comments: