4.26.2012

. officially a gun owner, yikes .


so this last weekend cody wanted to go buy a gun. I have been waiting and pushing this one off and I couldn't do it any longer. I thought for sure we would be gun owners when we got prego and if it was a girl. but nope, we are gun owners because he now has a concealed weapon permit, a requirement from me if he was going to be a CFI. I get nervous. So I told him he had to save his pennies and buy it himself. so all of a sudden he was in to work and saving what he could, even change to save enough. And he did it this weekend. man oh man. 

on saturday we made the trek to Cabela's and started the 3 hour process of getting a gun. We had to wait 30 minutes just to get the gun pulled from the case, they were busy that day. After we told him what gun he wanted and tested it out made sure it was what he wanted we had to fill out paper work and have a background check ran. this took about 50 minutes. We shopped around, checked out the big animal hall and got a drink and a cookie and then went back to sign paperwork and then purchase the gun. We had to of course show everyone, and tell everyone in our families so that is what we did the rest of our Saturday. 


He can't wait to go shoot it, and get good with it. I am a little afraid of the fact that we are now gun owners. oui. 

No comments: