4.22.2008

..aT lAsT..

So after many weeks of working hard I am glad to say that the Finals have come to an end. I am so glad cause this semester although only having two classes seemed really hard at times. Also as promised I decided to sit down and update with pictures. I know it has been a while so I thought I would fill all you in on my happenings here.

The gym is going great. I love going, although it is still hard to keep up the whole time. It is really hard to do at times but the best workout I have had in a while. I thought all this while I would start to lose weight as I firmed up but I have actually gained 4 pounds. My guess is muscle cause there is some 6 pack signs in the making. It has been good to go with my sister as well. We kind of talk, more than we did before. Which is a good thing. We are starting to get closer.

Cody enrolled in flight school. After I had a heart attack at the cost, I was finally relieved that he had decided this was it and promised me and himself that he would work extra hard each semester to not waste this chance. Without a beat, he started asking for a plane. That is hilarious, I just laughed and told him one day. When I was rich and famous I would get him one.

My dad has started to lose weight and I am SO proud of him. He has lost 40 pounds so far and it is starting to show. We recently sent pictures to my brother on his mission and it starting to really show. His face is thinner and his pants don't fit at all. It is great.



We went to the zoo on Saturday to see the giraffes. I love giraffes and one just recently had a baby. We spent a few hours wandering around the zoo checking out all the animals. Wow alot have recently had babies, so if you get the chance to go up there you should go they are SO cute. Not to mention the Ghost of the Bayou is still here ( a white alligator, crazy I know..) which is pretty rad.

We have also been venturing out for long periods of time due to the great weather, Tyke loves it and refuses to come inside. He "suntans" and enjoys every minute of it. I really can't blame him though it feels so great out there.

Well as promised here are the pictures.. YAY!!




This is one of the Elephants at the zoo. There was three of them and they were all 'hangin out' for feeding time. This one took it literal with the crossed leg and everything.



Here is the baby giraffe. He had taken to licking the rails and hanging out where he could see all the people inside. He was so cute and tiny. I loved it!!




This is the mama giraffe and me hanging out while she ate some grass. It was so funny to see her long tongue all black and slimy pick up grass.



This is the Amur Leopard. He was pacing the glass in search of something which we couldn't figure out, but whatever it was he didn't look to happy. So I snapped a picture of it.




This is a giant turtle that was in the wild area. There is a green house type area where they allow animals like - birds, lizards, sloths and turtles just wander with you. I couldn't believe the size of this turtle.. huge!



Here is Tyke giving his.. ' i love you mom, but i am going to pounce you in like two seconds' face. He is so cute.. and yep after I took this I got pounced.



Tyke.. smiling..



Cody and his pup.. they luff each other..



and lastly.. chewing on a stick that he found while we were playing... strange duck.

We are having fun and loving our spring... hope you all are. ciao...

1 comment:

Lacy said...

Ok so I love the zoo. The animals are so darn cute. But then I always feel bad that they are locked up inside. Your dog is so cute. He makes me smile when I see his little patch of black on his eye. Hooray for the gym and your dad looks awesome!!