4.29.2008

tHiS cOuPlE




I saw this on one of my friend posts and it looked cute and fun so I thought I would let you all know about the alex family.

1. What is your husbands name?

Steven Cody Alex, but he goes by Cody... Steven isn't his favorite name if you could tell.

2. How long have you been married?

We have been married for 2 years 5 months and 7 days.

3. How long did you date?

Well this one is a tricky one. We first met in the 7th grade.. but dating wasn't tried out until we were juniors in high school. We dated for a summer as juniors and then I dumped him senior year cause he wouldn't kiss me. We stayed friends and tried dating a tad a few time but didn't start seriously dating until May of 2005. So all collectively I would say about 2 years.

4. How old is he?

He is currently 24 years old but will turn 25 (a quarter of a century.. ha ha) on November 22nd.

5. Who eats more sweets?

I would have to say I definately do. I am addicted to sugary sweets of every kind. Cody does like candy and sweets as well but I would say I for sure eat more than him.

6. Who said I love you first?

Cody did. During one of our many times of trying the whole dating thing we kind of mentioned it, but in the summer of 2005 he told me he loved me on a date. I was kind of in shock to be honest, but fully agreed and told him it right back.

7. Who is taller?

Cody is on this one. He is a strapping 6'2". I am a meer 5'7". But I love it. I can wear heels and get away with still being shorter.

8. Who can sing better?

Now, this one is tricky.. we are both closet singers. Neither one of us would sing in public so it is hard to say. I sing mostly to myself in the car or really loudly to bug cody, and Cody only sings when he feels like it (which I think I have only heard like 3 times since we have been married).

9. Who is smarter?

This is a tie. We both are in school and working hard. Now Cody would say I was smarter and I would say he was so we will call it a draw and move forward.

10. Who does the laundry?

I do. When we were first married, I let Cody do the laundry once while I was sick. My shirts came out about 2 sizes smaller and a few a different color. So I took over. But he is learning and now able to do it on his own, but I usually do because I am home.

11. Who pays the bills?

I do. Cody doesn't always remember to pay things by certain dates and it makes me nervous to not have them paid on time or early. So I took over when we got married and have been doing it ever since.

12. Who sleeps on the right side?

Now.. if it is the right side looking at the bed from the foot of the bed that would be Cody. But if you are laying in it, that is my side.

13. Who mows the lawn?

I do. I try to mow the lawn every week the night before garbage day because it is less likely to stink for days on end. I also get home from work around 5 or earlier so I have more daylight to complete it than he does.

14. Who cooks dinner?

This is a toss. I normally cook because I am home before he is, but Cody is a very good cook and he cooks when he can. It is nice to have him cook stuff.

15. Who drives?

Cody does. He loves driving and his car so I just sit back relax and enjoy the ride.

16. Who kissed who first?

Cody kissed me first. After trying for years to convince him that I wanted to be kissed and that it was okay to do so I gave up. One night after a date, he was dropping me off at my house and he walked me to the garage door (I used the keypad to get in) while I was waiting for the garage to open we were saying our goodbyes and he just plopped it on me. I quickly replied 'smooth move exlax' and walked inside. Don't worry our first kiss was 5 months before we got married.

17. Who asked who out first?

This one is tricky as well. It was the end of junior year of high school at a yearbook party. I was wandering around having people sign my year book and chit chatting. Cody had written in mine ' hey hottie, give me a call this summer and we will hang out'. Well everybody writes this in peoples yearbooks, but after he wrote it he turned to me and said I am serious. So I called and we just started hanging out. So I am not quite sure who made the first move there.


18. Who proposed?

Cody. It was August 13th 2005, I had just finished a wedding shoot and he had gone with me. I was starving since I had been taking pictures all day long and hadn't stopped to eat. We drove to Salt Lake City with another couple. We ate at mimi's cafe up there, yum. After we went to Temple Square and walked around. It was dark so temple was lit and it was just perfect weather. We decided to go on a carriage ride around. On the ride we just snuggled and the other couple just sat. When we reached a point where the temple was in sight he turned to me and told me he loved me and wanted to be with me forever and then popped the question. My ring box lights up (nifty little thing, it has a light in the lid so when it is opened the light shines on the ring.. sparkle sparkle.) and instead of saying yes I said 'the box lights up!' He turned to me and asked 'Does this mean yes?' and I answered quickly.. yes.

19. Who has more siblings?

I do. I have 2 Brothers, Matson (20) and Jarett (13), and one sister Kellyn (18). Cody has one brother, Justin (18).

20. Who wears the pants?

This is an easy one.. Cody wears the pants, I just tell him how to wear them.

1 comment:

Lacy said...

I loved questions 20. It was awesome. And it was so good to read more about you guys.