4.08.2008

iT's aPriL

Today I thought I would write a post and just make sure and let you all know I am alive. Recently I have been trying to just stay on top of the ever growing mountain of things. I have started going to the gym with my little sister, firstly for bonding with her.. I have never really been someone she likes per say. We have always been the siblings that don't get along and fight about everything. Well I figured once she got to where she was I would try to be a friend. And it is starting to work. We are talking and having fun. It is nice to know that the possibility of being her friend is there. The second reason why I have started going to the gym is just for me. I have found with the stresses of everything the easiest thing to do was go work out and I seemed relieved and of course I started to get in shape. I have to admit it is REALLY hard. I started taking a Cardio only class a few weeks back and it kicks my butt. I break into a hard sweat in about 15 minutes. Well worth it though.

The next rock in the mountain of things is of course school. We are ending the spring semester in the next two weeks and it seems that no matter how much you prepare for the end you always get a surprise jumbo assignment along with finals that just makes it crazy. I have started to take great interest in Art History, in the past few years and have been taking all the upper level classes of Art History that are open. This semester I got into one and my surprise for the end of the semester was a 10 page research paper on a piece of art in Greek to Roman time periods. Yes, I am stressing.. today starts day one of the "Library and Me are Best Friends"time. Hopefully I will finish in time, I have until April 16th.

But other than that we are alive and well. Cody starts flying on April 30th and will have his private pilot's license in August.. if any of you would like to brave a flight after then I am sure he would LOVE to take you up.

Tyke is great, he is a whooping 71 pounds now, I don't know where he hides it or how he gains it for that matter, but he is starting to show signs of the medications working. His hips hurt less and he is MUCH more active. This is ALWAYS a great sign. We also will be celebrating his first birthday on April 28th. YAY!!

Anyhow.. I will update with pictures soon. Ciao..

1 comment:

Lacy said...

teags- I am glad you posted. I always like reading your blog. You should totally start a photography blog. I think it is a great idea. Plus I would love to see your work! Glad life is going well. Isn't it so hard getting yourself back to the gym. At least it was for me!!