6.08.2012

.. a race, a first ..


{my race number}

so a few months ago my mother in law talked to be about doing a 5k with the family. i told her i was game. it could be loads of fun. so i started training. my plan was to run all of it if i could. of course that is when work got the craziest and i got the sickest. my body was rebelling, but i was determined to try. on saturday the race was on, the whole week building up to it there was trash talk between cody and his brothers about who would win and all that jazz. it was bound to be a fun one. we got to springville high school on saturday at 7am. we stretched ate a granola bar and chatted, and the nerves hit. i was so nervous. but i was doing it. i plugged in my ipod and made sure i was good to go and it was on. i did great until about the end of mile one, where we hit a huge hill. i tried running up most of it and only got half way, cody pulled me the rest, but after that it was all good. i ran the whole thing, with only that small bout of speed walking up the hill. quite an accomplishment. i admit, i shed a tear - i was so proud of myself and being able to reach my goal. we finished in 38 minutes, not super fast, but that is okay with me. we placed 2 & 3 in the family competition. cody's little brother beat us, he did it in 23 minutes. It was fun and we have plans to do it next year. 




{cody and i after the race, i was pooped.}


{me, e*, mom}


{ brothers : c*, j*, r* and cody - one brother d* didn't come}


{boys will be boys..}


{ family }




{from left to right : beverly, kristy, j*, amy, mom, e*, cody, me, dad, r* and w* - there are 3 missing from this one, codys brother c* and his girlfriend e* and c* cody's brother j*'s girlfriend}

and don't you worry i was sore for about 3 days after, and took a 3 hour nap that afternoon. you heard me 3 hours. yum. 








No comments: